Community Development Program (CDP) signed a Grant Agreement with under the Small Grants and Ambassador’s Fund Program funded by the American people through USAID for implementation of women livelihood support project, in flood affected areas of Bannu and DI khan districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The project aims to support 600 Vulnerable Women in the shape of Home Based Workers in Bannu and D.I.Khan Districts selecting 05 UCs from each District ensuring an immediate source of income for the affected families.
During the project, 400 Sewing Machines, 200 Embroidery Machines and 600 packages of raw material will be distributed in the identified and oriented home based workers of both the districts.
- To Support Livelihoods of the most vulnerable & worst flood affected 800Women Home Based Workers / Women Entrepreneurs in the above mentioned 05 UCs of District D.I.Khan of KPK by provision of Raw Material, Tools/Implements/Machines that they have lost due to floods. The composition of these beneficiaries will be; around 60 beneficiaries will be taken from each UC. In this way around 300 Women Workers/Entrepreneurs will be taken from the District.
- Mobilization and Registration of the 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs in the targeted UCs of the Districts, who have lost their tools and material. Priority will be given to Women Headed Households, Elderly and People with Disabilities.
- Formation of one Project Implementation Committee (comprising 5 members) with significant involvement of targeted beneficiaries to facilitate process of registration and livelihoods support process in order to ensure the active participation of local community.
- Livelihoods support to 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs through provision of lost Working Tools/Implements/Machines enabling them to start their livelihood activities.
- Development of better linkages and access to new/profitable markets for the 600 targeted Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs.
- Follow up Meetings with the beneficiaries during Project Period
- Establishment of a Common Facilitation Centre to Train the targeted beneficiaries in Product Design, Innovative Strategies, Planning, Quality Management, Costing & Pricing, Marketing Techniques and Book Keeping etc for the target population.
- Impart Trainings in life Skills, Women Rights and Health/Hygiene.
- Provision of Psychosocial Assistance in the Common Facilitation Centre
- Organization has a coordination hub at D.I.Khan District and will operate with well capacitated staff. Organization has experience of operating similar project in these areas and strong linkages with CBOs /NGOs in the targeted district to execute project in well shape. The activities under this project will be carried in closely coordinated with the National, and KPK provincial Community Restoration Cluster. Priority will be given to Widows, Women Headed Households and People with Disabilities.
Short Term Outcomes:
- 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs are provided with Working Tools/Implements/Machines.
- 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs are provided with Raw Material.
- 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs are imparted Training in life Skills, Women Rights and Basic Health/Hygiene.
- Common Facilitation Center established with ability to impart Psycho social Assistance and Training in Product Design, Innovative Strategies, Planning, Quality Management, Costing & Pricing, Marketing Techniques and Book Keeping etc.
- 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs are linked with the Markets for the consumption of their products.
Long Term Outcomes:
- 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs are Empowered Economically making them a role model.
- 600Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs are able to adequately support their dependents.
- 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs and their dependents have an improved living standard.
- 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs have strong Market Linkages and chain of Future Orders for their Products in value addition.
- Recognition of Women rights as Human Rights in the target communities.
- Better Market Access to Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs.
- Ownership of the Common Facilitation by the Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs.
- Successful Registration of 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs.
- Registration Record of 600 Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs is being maintained.
- Established Common Facilitation Centre is working and Providing Services to the Women Home Based Workers/Entrepreneurs.
- Record of Sessions on Life Skills, Health/Hygiene and Women Rights.
- Record of Psychosocial Support Sessions maintained at NGO Office.
- Regular Monitoring of all Activities.
- Activity as well as Monitoring Reports and Follow up Meetings Reports.
- Press Clippings and Photographs of the Project Activities.
- Women’s financial uplift and their visible role in decision making.